Learn about our summer school programs for 2017.
Complete your Assignments at Home.
We use MathXL for our Math Summer School which allows you to use the device of your choosing. MathXL does provide a bit better functionality with a laptop or desktop but using the Puffin Browser you are able to access your assignments and coursework. Your instructor will provide you with all the details!
Algebra 1 and Algebra 2
All coursework is done online at home except for the unit exams, which will be taken onsite at Bishop McGuinness Catholic High School on Fridays throughout the summer sessions.
ONE SESSION: $250 (required if you only failed 2nd semester)
TWO SESSIONS: $400 (required if you failed both semesters)
Payments are due at the Monday orientation sessions.
SESSION ONE: Monday, June 5 – Friday, June 30
- Mandatory meeting will be Monday, June 5 at 12:00 pm in Room 4. Payment will be collected, and students will receive login information. This initial meeting will last about 30 minutes. All other onsite sessions will be on Fridays.
- The first unit exam will be Friday, June 9 at 9 am.
- Session One will be four units made up of five lessons each.
SESSION TWO: Monday, July 10 – Friday, August 4
- Mandatory meeting will be Monday, July 10 at 12:00 pm in Room 4. Payment will be collected and students will receive login information. This initial meeting will last about 30 minutes. All other onsite sessions will be on Fridays.
- The first unit exam will be Friday, July 14 at 9 am.
- Session Two will be four units made up of five lessons each.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON FRIDAYS IN EACH SESSION
- 12:00 — Unit Exam (mandatory)
- 1:00 — Second Unit Exam. This is on an as-needed basis. For example, if you failed a previous unit exam you could retake the exam during this time. Also, if you cannot make a Friday appointment, then you could make up the exam at this time.
If you only failed ONE semester, you only need to enroll in Session One. If you failed BOTH semesters, you will need to enroll in Session One and Session Two.
Monday through Thursday you can email the instructor to set up tutorial appointments at school as needed.
INSTRUCTOR CONTACT: David Gilpin (email@example.com)
NOTE: Summer School does NOT contribute to the student’s GPA but does fulfill the required credit for the failed class toward graduation.