Learn about our summer school programs for 2016.
Complete your Assignments at Home.
We use MathXL for our Math Summer School which allows you to use the device of your choosing. MathXL does provide a bit better functionality with a laptop or desktop but using the Puffin Browser you are able to access your assignments and coursework. Your instructor will provide you with all the details!
APPLIED ALGEBRA 1 – ALGEBRA 1 – GEOMETRY – ALGEBRA 2 – TRIGONOMETRY
All course work is done online at home except for the unit exams which will be taken on-site at Bishop McGuinness High School on Fridays throughout the summer sessions.
ONE SESSION: $250 (required if you only failed 2nd semester)
TWO SESSIONS: $400 (required if you failed both semesters)
Payments are due at the Monday orientation sessions.
SESSION ONE: Monday, June 6 – Friday, July 1
- Mandatory meeting will be Monday, June 6 at 12:00 PM in room 4. Payment will be collected and students will receive login information. This initial meeting will only last for 30 minutes. All other on-site sessions will be on Fridays.
- First unit exam will be Friday, June 10 at 9am
- Session One will be four units made up of five lessons each.
SESSION TWO: Monday, July 11 – Friday, August 5
- Mandatory meeting will be Monday July11th at 12:00 PM in room 4. Payment will be collected and students will receive login information. This initial meeting will only last for 30 minutes. All other on-site sessions will be on Fridays.
- First unit exam will be Friday, July 15 at 9am.
- Session Two will be four units made up of five lessons each.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON FRIDAY’S IN EACH SESSION
- 8:00 – 9:00 Tutorial. ( NOT MANDATORY )
- 9:00 – Unit Exam. ( MANDATORY )
- 10:00 – Second Unit Exam. This is only on an as needed basis. For example, if you failed a previous unit exam you could retake the exam during this time. Also, if you cannot make a Friday appointment, then you could make up the exam at this time.
If you only failed ONE semester, you only need to enroll in Session One. If you failed BOTH semesters, you will need to enroll in Session One & Session Two. Monday through Thursday you can email the instructor to set up tutorial appointments at school as needed.
INSTRUCTOR CONTACT: David Gilpin (email@example.com)
NOTE: Summer School does NOT contribute to the student’s GPA but does fulfill the required credit for the failed class toward graduation.