Technology can reshape education.And iPad, with its powerful features and apps, opens up new, more engaging ways of learning.
Which iPad is right for you?
- For incoming Freshmen a 32GB iPad Pro, 64GB iPad Air 2, or 64GB iPad Mini 4 will be sufficient to hold all school materials for a school year, including a little extra growing room for personal items like music, videos, and photos.
- Refurbished iPads can also be purchased from Apple of older generations, however, these may not be adequate over the span of a 4 year high school career to keep up with advances in software.
- Students are responsible for providing their own protective case for the iPad.
- Some students have also found it useful to use a bluetooth keyboard in class.
- Students will need to BRING THE IPAD TO ORIENTATION. We will be loading their iPad apps and books for the year at orientation.
Case StudiesStudies show iPads in the classroom improve education
Since their release in April of 2010, iPads have taken the world by storm. iPads have swept through almost every industry, especially education. Apple is pushing for iPad use in education, and thousands of schools around the world have taken up the charge and BMCHS is at the forefront of the movement. The proliferation of iPads in the classroom will only keep accelerating. With these powerful mobile devices come a lot of possible benefits for educators and students alike.
Higher Test Scores
Bekah Hightower, Apple Distinguished Educator
iPad AppsWhen you enroll your iPad with our Technology Department, each student receives a unique profile specific to their needs and the requirements for their selected courses. Below is an overview of some of the apps that every student receives.
With Classroom, students and teachers can view their classes, assignments and communicate with their classmates in real time. Students and teachers receive notifications when they have new content in Classroom, so they are always up to date.
Other iPad Details
If parents are interested in placing restrictions on student iPads, fill out the form below and our instructional technology team will reach out to you. If you have any questions, please contact our Instructional Technology Director, Rebekah Hightower at email@example.com or by calling (405) 858-4727
- Disable App Store
- Disable iMessage
- Disable FaceTime
- Disable iTunes Store
- Disable In-App Purchases
- Block Certain Websites