- Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- This is a helpful, concise resource for understanding and completing the FAFSA.
- CSS Profile enables colleges and universities to see a true picture of a family’s financial need and supports the mission of making college affordable.
College Financial Aid Packages: The Appeals Process
If you are a college student receiving federal financial aid to attend school, you can submit an appeal or a request to your school to adjust your financial aid package. A financial aid appeal or request is available to qualifying students at all types of institutions (Graduate, 4-year, 2-year, and trade) offering federal financial aid. Federal law allows your financial aid office to make changes to your financial aid package under certain circumstances. Each school has its own processes and requirements. If your financial aid office accepts an appeal or a request, your financial aid package may change in one of the following ways:
- Your cost of attendance (COA) may go up
- Your expected family contribution (EFC) may go down.
- You may receive an emergency cash grant
Want to learn more? Visit SwiftStudent for more information and support.